How to… commit random acts of kindness
Random acts of kindness are best defined by their very name. Acts of kindness, usually carried out by strangers, to put a smile on your face. There are so many little ways that you can commit random acts of kindness.
A purportedly selfless act performed by a person or persons wishing to either assist or cheer up an individual or in some cases even an animal. There will generally be no reason other than to make people smile, or be happier. Either spontaneous or planned in advance, random acts of kindness are encouraged by various communities.
You’ve probably committed hundreds of acts of kindness without ever acknowledging them as such.
Random acts of kindness do not have to involve money. It can be something as simple as smiling at a stranger.
Ways To Commit Random Acts Of Kindness
1. Leave post it notes with encouraging messages.
Operation Beautiful is a fantastic source of inspiration for this.
2. Hug your friends.
3. Pay for the coffee of the person behind you in the coffee shop.
This is an easy one. It’ll probably surprise the person and may even start a chain reaction!
4. If someone looks a little lost, offer them assistance.
Such a simple thing but it can really help and could make someone’s day.
5. Tell someone you think they’re beautiful.
Because everyone needs to hear it sometimes.
6. Donate blood.
This may not be for everyone, but it’s certainly a wonderful way to give back.
Whether it be at an animal shelter or an old folks home, get out there and see what opportunities are available.
8. Donate money to a worthy charity.
Okay, so you may not be able to give your time, but donating just a small amount can really help a charity.
9. Give food to a homeless person.
This will definitely give you a warm fuzzy feeling.
10. Let someone go before you in a queue.
If they look like they’re in a hurry, they will really appreciate this.
11. Give up your seat on the bus for someone who looks like they need it.
Everyone will appreciate this.
12. Write a list of things you love about your beloved.
They will be pleased to receive it and it may even strengthen your relationship!
13. Baby sit to give parents a break.
Know somebody with a young child? They will always appreciate it.
14. Send flowers to your mum.
This is a guaranteed way to make someone smile.
15. Write a thank you note to someone who has inspired you.
Everyone loves to hear this and you will be happy to reach out to them… Win win!