Bettina Scarlett’s 1950s Fashion Christmas fair
Oh boy, the Mid Century Market is back in town! It’s London’s only 1950s fair and this Christmas (Sunday 14th December between 10.30am and 4pm) it’s taking over Cecil House in Camden Town! You couldn’t ask for a better location – after all, Camden is the veritable mooky heartland of London and a place for all kinds of alternative tribes to gather and hunt for unusual things at bargain prices.
The Mid Century Market is now something of a regular fixture in the events diary of Bettina Scarlett Presents, a boutique vintage PR agency that’s in the ascendant. The vintage fair is the brainchild of Bethan Soanes, who has a very personal love for the 1950s and hand-selects all the stalls herself to ensure they’ll be loved by folks who care about 1940-60s (but mostly 1950s) vintage and lifestyle.
Oh, but what shall we find at the fair?
- Gosh-amighty loads of stalls and activities for a very reasonable on-the-door entry fee of £3.
- Lovely clothing and jewellery, both high quality vintage sellers and reproduction brands. Vintage attire for all genders.
- Atomic home ware to zizz up your abode
- Records (a vinyl haven of rockabilly, rhythm and blues and more)
- Vintage hair salon and barber where you can get your hair cut and styled by The Vanity Box (UK stylists with over ten years’ experience in vintage hair)
Sounds like your pina colada? If so, put the date in your diary and gather mooks for a day out. You never know, you might even sort some Christmas shopping out.