Riot Grrl Radio
We listen to Riot Grrl Radio with Pigtails and Army Boots…
More and more women are taking control of their music by self-producing or self-promoting. It’s not just a feminist stance, it’s grass-roots. DJ Moonlight talks about her net radio show, Pigtails and Army Boots featuring female artists only!
If you haven’t already heard about it, Pigtails and Army Boots is an internet radio show presented by moi (DJ Moonlight) and is all about female/female-fronted music from many genres, including but not limited to: rock, indie, punk, metal, alternative and 80’s pop.
The show currently goes out on two stations: Radiogetswild and Generation Mix. It hits the airwaves on Sunday mornings (9-11am on Generation Mix – and then another version goes out in the evening 6-8pm on Radio Gets Wild).
I am planning to give you a rundown of my play list as often as I can, and while I’m at give you some recommendations and interesting news!
My play list for last Sunday (14th Oct) on Radio Gets Wild was this:
1. The Sounds- Painted By Numbers
2. Paramore- Crush Crush Crush
3. The Vincent Black Shadow- Fears in the Water
4. The Raveonettes- My Boyfriend’s Back
5. Robots in Disguise- You Really Got Me
6. Lallakiss- Slick
7. Everything But The Girl- Missing
8. Suzanne Vega- Tom’s Diner
9. Kate Nash- Foundations
10. Feist- 1234
11. Joni Mitchell- Big Yellow Taxi
12. Natalie Imbruglia- Glorious
13. PJ Harvey- When Under Ether
14. KT Tunstall- Hold On
15. Cowboy Junkies- Common Disaster
16. Cardigans- Love fool
17. Deborah Harry- You’re too Hot
18. The Gits- While You’re Twisting, I’m Still Breathing
19. Horrorpops- Crawl Straight Home
20. Hole- Violet
21. Meredith Brooks- Bytch
22. Working Class Heroes- When You Finally Stop Pretending
23. The Concretes- Kids
24. Shonen Knife- Top of the World
25. Des’ree- You Gotta be
26. Four Non Blondes- What’s Up
27. Annie Lennox- Walking on Broken Glass
28. Madonna- Hey You
29. Melissa Etheridge- Come to my Window
30. Portishead- Over
31. The Cranberries- Dreams
I hope I have given you some ideas for new things to listen to… until next time!