How to backcomb a beehive
No hairdo is complete without its secret ingredient – the main ingredient often being backcombing, whether it’s a gothic or vintage hairstyle! In just a few steps, we will show you how to backcomb a beehive so that you too can create the perfect foundation for any hairstyle:
What you’ll need
Hairspray, Back combing brush, Pins (Pic 1)
How to backcomb a beehive in 5 steps
- Section your hair from the back, concentrating on your crown. (Pic 2) Take a 3″ by 1″ section and spray with a little hairspray.
- Taking your backcomb brush, start brushing downwards, putting the brush in, brushing down, then taking the brush out, working your way up the hair.
- Repeat this until you reach the top of your crown. (Pic 3)
- To smooth, spray a little hairspray and gently brush the top of the back combed section to create a bump.(pic 4)
- Smooth and hold one side, pop a pin in, repeat on the other side and spray liberally with your chosen hairspray. (Pic 5)
Et voila! Happy backcombing!
- Backcombing Brush
- Indola Innova 4+4 hairspray
Hairdressing and beauty supplies can be found on Amazon and through good retailers.
Meet the vintage hair experts
Vintage Brides By BlackCherry Hair and Beauty
Black Cherry hair and beauty offers a full range of Vintage, Modern and Alternative Hair and Makeup for Bridal, Prom, Hen parties, Photographic, Fashion and any other special occasion.
General hairdressing services are also available which include Cuts and Colours. Hair and make-up are available throughout Kent and London, although extra travel charges may apply for locations further afield.
Vintage Brides By Lucy’s Vintage Hair and Makeup
Lucy is a professional, dedicated mobile hair-stylist & make-up artist who specialises in vintage and retro looks. From the 1920’s to the 1980’s, she is an expert in vintage styling and will work closely with you to choose the right era and look to suit your individual style and occasion.
Lucy’s keen interest in all things vintage and a fascination since her early years (watching her Mum and Aunties!) with makeup has helped Lucy develop a high level of expertise in this area and extensive brand knowledge – MAC, Lord & Berry, Estée Lauder, Max Factor, Benefit, Smashbox, Maybelline and good old Vaseline! Lucy is fully qualified and insured with over 17 years experience.