Wingtip eyeliner tips for a classic retro makeup look
Whether you’re wearing rockabilly clothing or 1940s fashion, this classic makeup look will work with any retro style.
by Eleanor L’Amour
Classic makeup sounds complicated at first glance, but it’s actually really simple to get the hang of. You’ll need:
- Eyeliner (preferably brown, but black is good too)
- Neutral eyeshadow
- Lipstick (Bright red for evenings, muted, tomato-red for daytime)
1. First, apply eyeliner to the top eyelid, but only about halfway into your eye. Stop where your eyelashes naturally stop, but create small flicks at the outer corner of each eye.
2. Apply a dark brown or beige eyeshadow over the eyeliner, and about halfway up the eyelid. Then, apply a lighter shade of eyeshadow on top, and on the rest of the lid, and blend together well, so that there is a subtle but still slightly smoky effect.
3. Apply one or two light coats of mascara, but be careful not to let this go spidery or clumpy! This is the last thing a glamourous girl needs.
4. Apply one coat of lipstick, and then blot with a tissue, to ensure that the colur will stay put. Apply a second coat and, if required, apply sealant, such as Lipcote.