Rainbow eye makeup tutorial
When I use makeup I don’t believe in neutral. I always believed that if you’re going to do it, why not go all out? So I created this rainbow eye makeup look that I think captures pop culture’s essence. It’s fun and flirty and shows a real personality. Not to mention it being a great conversation starter! *laughs*
Rainbow makeup cosmetics for this tutorial
- Urban Decay’s Primer Potion
- Sugarpill‘s “Buttercupcake”
- Sugarpill’s “Flamepoint”
- Sugarpill’s “Love+”
- Sugarpill’s “Dollipop”
- Sugarpill’s “Poison Plum”
- Sugarpill’s “Tako”
- Sugarpill’s loose pigment “Absinthe”
- Sugarpill’s loose pigment “Starling”
- Urban Decay‘s Liquid Liner “Perversion”
- Stila‘s Kajal Eyeliner “Onyx”
- NYX‘s Glitter Liner “Disco Ball”
- NYX’s Jumbo Eye Pencil “Milk”
- NOTE: Barry M eyeshadow seems a colour-friendly alternative for UK mooks unable to source Sugarpill cosmetics…
How to do rainbow eye makeup
1. Prime your lid. This’ll create a smoother, non-greasy work surface for applying your makeup, and will keep the makeup in place for longer.
2. Taking Buttercupcake, place that into the first third of your lid.
3. Then take Flamepoint and add that in the middle of the lid and bring it up slightly like I have shown. This is not something I can accurately explain how to do, so try to mimic what I have in the picture.
4. Then take Love+ and place that in the last third of the lid and bring it up to meet the orange. Blend any harsh edges you might have missed.
5. Then take the loose pigment Absinthe and use dry on the first half of your lower lash line.
6. Use the loose pigment Starling dry and finish the other half. Then take Buttercupcake again and place a bit in your inner corner and blend slightly with Absinthe.
7. For the brow highlight, first take NYX Jumbo eye pencil in Milk and place on your brow bone, blend out with your finger until smooth. Then follow with the white Tako right over that and blend down into the red and orange to smooth out harsh lines.
8. For my eyebrows I took an angled brush and used the pink, Dollipop, for the first half of the brow. Then I took the same brush and used the purple, Poison Plum, for the other half of my brow. Then I just took a bit of pink or purple and blended it to get that gradient effect.
9. Next I lined my lid with Urban Decay’s liquid liner in Perversion and made a very slight eyeliner wingtip.
10. Once that dried I took NYX’s candy glitter liner in Disco Ball and put it over that.
11. Then I just lined my water line with my usual Stila Kajal liner in Onyx and add a bit of mascara on my upper lashes. =^.^=
Tagged in: eye makeup tutorials