Emo eye makeup tips
A girl’s best friend may well be a large bin full of rainbow eye shadows, eyeliners, lipsticks, mascara and fake eyelashes. However, do we need to look like an electroclash princess every time we go out? Here’s a simple contemporary look that speaks volumes and is perfect from morning to night.
What you’ll need:
- Liquid Eyeliner – Black
- Crayon/pencil Eyeliner – Black
- Crayon/pencil Eyeliner – White
- Black and White Eyeshadow (Optional)
How to get the look:
Step 1: Wash face and apply moisturizer. It’s good to start with a clean canvas.
Step 2: Apply your preferred foundation, concealer and powder.
Step 3: First, apply liquid eyeliner to just the top eyelid, from one corner of the lid to the other (see image). A thick application works well. The best thickness is at about 1/2 a centimetre. Allow the liquid eyeliner to dry for a minute. You don’t want smudging.
Step 4: Apply black crayon/pencil eyeliner from the outer corner of the lid to the centre where the pupil is. Don’t make this line too thick. If you make a mistake, use a Q-tip dipped in makeup remover or in baby oil and gently wipe away.
Step 5: Apply white crayon/pencil eyeliner from the inner corner to the centre of the eye where the black eyeliner meets. If you accidentally smear or mix the white eyeliner with the black, don’t worry. Step 6 will takee car of that.
Step 6: Take an eyebrush and dip first in white eyeshadow and carefully brush over the white crayon with the tip. This exaggerates the white eye pencil. Do the same for the black eyeshadow but remember, less is best. Use a little black eyeshadow when going over the crayon.
Step 7: Now apply black mascara, either just on your top or, if you prefer, on both your top and bottom eyelashes.
And viola! You got yourself some pretty eyes!
Finally, some basic eye makeup tips:
1. If you make a mistake, use a Q-tip with babyoil or makeup remover to remove minor mistakes.
2. Try using different colour eyeliners, and experiment with applying both liquid and pencil eyeliner – and mascara, too.
3. Keep your makeup balanced. This tip is for opening the eyes and to focus on the eyes. Keep your lip colours and blushes balanced, unless you want your eyes to dominate the look.
4. Never wear makeup to bed.
5. Waterproof liquid eyeliner is great if you know you are going to get wet!